Chaplain John King
Our official Chaplain here at GAP is John King from JK Interfaith Services. John is a longtime member of GAP and is currently a Board Certified Chaplain.
John holds a Masters Degree in Pastoral Studies from St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry.
In addition to his work providing interfaith services at his company, John has been a Chaplain at Avow Hospice in Naples, Florida since 2015.
He previously was a Chaplain at Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York as well as Samaritan Hospital - St. Mary's Troy, NY, St. Mary's Amsterdam, NY, Ellis Hospital Schenectady, NY. Memorial Hospital Albany, NY(St. Peter's Health Partners).
You can contact John at the email@example.com
Gap Chaplain Prayer Visit Flowers/Card Delivery
WE DELIVER TO GAP BROTHERS AND MEMBERS THEIR FAMILY.
Directly to hospital rooms, or homes.
Flowers delivery with cheer/sympathy card can be ordered through this link: https://www.gapnaples.org/donate/ .
Cheer/sympathy Cards may be signed with well-wishes by the GAP brothers and delivered directly along with a prayer to the patient or family member of the departed brother by Chaplain John King.
The GAP Chaplain exists to minister to GAP brothers and their families. GAP Chaplain will visit a GAP brother at the time of illness, or a member of his family if departed.
WHAT THE GAP CHAPLAIN PROVIDES
The GAP Chaplain is there to provide:
- SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE: The GAP Chaplain is available to help our GAP brothers and their families
with their spiritual needs.
- ASSISTANCE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS: In times of crises such as hospitalization, injury, or death, the GAP Chaplain will help and provide assistance to GAP brothers and their families.
- CONDUCTING/ASSISTING AT FUNERALS: The GAP Chaplain is available to assist families with funeral arrangements, to officiate at the service, or to assist the family minister.
Additionally, the GAP Chaplain can help with organizing an honor guard, having a bugler present at the cemetery, and having a presentation of the flag as a token of service and honor on behalf of the family and GAP veterans of military service.
- COUNSELING: The GAP Chaplain is available to provide pastoral care and counsel, and when necessary, to help GAP brothers and their families find appropriate resources for dealing with such issues as post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, or other critical incident stress management problems.
- VISITATION: Visitation with GAP brothers and their families to provide comfort and encouragement is an important function of the GAP Chaplain.
- ATTENDING FUNCTIONS: The GAP Chaplain may be called upon to represent the GAP at official functions or public meetings, and the GAP Chaplain may be asked to give invocations, dedicatory prayers, or benedictions.
We must be reminded that GAP Chaplain Services is comprehensive in nature, embracing all religions and faith groups within its ranks. The Chaplaincy, being non-sectarian, will seek to minister to the needs of all, without regard to either church/synagogue/mosque affiliation or non-affiliation.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THIS IMPORTANT MINISRTY GAP CHAPLAIN PRAYER VISIT FLOWERS/CARD DELIVERY